Join us in Chicago!
May 30, 2018
Chicago Transit Authority
567 W. Lake Street
Chicago, IL. 60661
Conference Room 2AB
$175 includes workshop materials and lunch ($225 non APTA members)
Those who work within the areas of employee recruitment, retention, training, and development who want to build a network and share best practices and resources. The OD Workshops are held regionally because we recognize that oftentimes OD Practitioners do not have the opportunity to travel to national conferences.
Building on the success of our February 2017 event, the Organizational Development Subcommittee of the APTA Workforce Development Committee is holding another workshop for professionals in the public transportation industry. The workshop will continue conversations and highlight best practices in the following areas of workforce development:
- Recruitment, Retention and Employee Engagement
Diversity and Inclusion
Veterans and Underserved Populations (homeless, incarcerated, returning to workforce)
Workforce Development programs
- Internships / Apprenticeships
To engage OD professionals in APTA workforce activities
To highlight best practices
To identify critical issues faced by transit agencies and industry partners
To develop a plan of action
To craft a framework for regional support networks to share resources
To help members attract, develop, and train a diverse workforce
In addition to the review of critical workforce issues, a plan for continuing the regional dialogue will be crafted. The conversation will identify current efforts in the region and discuss areas for ongoing partnership in an effort to continue the workforce conversation.
- Dr. Barbara K. Gannon, Chair, Workforce Development Subcommittee, Principal, Gannon Consult
Travel and Lodging
Though we have not reserved any room blocks for the conference, here are a list of nearby hotels with their links.
- Hampton Inn Chicago West Loop (0.1 miles): 116 North Jefferson Street, Chicago, IL, 60661
- Homewood Suites Chicago West (0.1 miles):118 North Jefferson Street, Chicago, IL, 60661
- Holiday Inn Chicago-Mart Plaza (0.3 Miles): 350 West Mart Center Drive, Chicago, IL, 60654
- Kimpton Allegro Hotel (0.5 miles): 171 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601
- Crowne Plaza Chicago (0.4 miles): 733 West Madison, Chicago, IL 60661
The CTA is transit accessible. Here is the link to plan your trip using transit:
CTA Trip Planner
While there is parking in the area, it can be expensive.
• 180 N. Jefferson St.
• 164 North Clinton Street
Midwest Region: February 28, 2017 (Chicago Transit Authority)
Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: May 24, 2016 (APTA Headquarters, Washington, DC)
Southeast Region: June 29, 2016 (MARTA Offices, Atlanta, GA)