APTA's 2011 Fare Collection Workshop
Videotaped Tuesday, March 29, 2011
1:30 - 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time (North America)
Fare Collection 102, while presented in 2011, was a 3-hour whirlwind tour of the next generation of fare payment systems for public transit. In this recorded video, you will learn about contactless smart card payment systems, and in particular, industry trends toward open architecture and use of open payment applications.
Fare Collection 102 speakers included industry experts from public transit, financial payments, and mobile payments sectors including vendors, system integrators, and public sector agencies.
Topics include: Card-based and Account-based Payment Systems; Moving to Open Architecture-What it Means for Transit Operators; Open Payments and Moving to Becoming a Merchant; A Vendor’s View of Open Payment Pilots and Implementations; Pre-paid Bankcard Applications; Mobile Payments 101; Managing Strategic Change in Fare Payment Systems; and Transit Operator Roundtable- Strategic Regional Visions.
- Timothy Weisenberger, electronic payments program manager, Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, Cambridge, MA
- Julie R. Green, senior consultant, LTK Engineering Services, Ambler, PA
- Burt Wilhelm, vice president, global transportation solutions, MasterCard Worldwide, Purchase, NY
- Mike Meringer, senior sales unattended devices, VeriFone, Clearwater, FL
- John Shaw, vice president of sales and business development, Epay, Leawood, KS
- Tom Zalewski, vice president, sw business development, VIVOtech Inc., Santa Clara, CA
- Jerry Kane, manager, capital program planning, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), Philadelphia, PA
- Craig Roberts, electronic fare collection & technology development, Utah Transit Authority, Salt Lake City, UT
- Ernie Wallace, executive director, Presto System, Toronto, Canada
For information on future Fare Collection Workshops, please contact:
APTA Senior Program Manager