APTA members can now access a powerful new tool for making the case for public transportation. The My Economic Impact tool uses your agency’s budget data to calculate the economic impact of your transit service. The results from this tool will show:
- Jobs, wages, sales, and value-added supported by both agency operations and capital expenditure
- Understanding both direct and subsequent (multiplier) effects as agency activities ripple through the local economy
- Understanding the diverse occupational mix of jobs supported by agency operations and capital activities
Please read and use the two guides to the tool:
My Economic Impact Tool: How to Use It
- This booklet provides a step by step guide for calculating your impact, using the My Economic Impact Tool
My Economic Impact: How to Talk About My Numbers
- This guide will help you describe and communicate your economic benefits in compelling and accurate ways. Use this for sharing your story in any venue.
A webinar was held on May 22, 2017 to introduce the tool. See the presentation and the 3 main messages used in the presentation.
My Economic Impact is available to APTA transit agency members only.