Congratulations, 2017 Bus Safety & Security Excellence Award Winners!
The Safety & Security Excellence Awards recognize APTA bus transportation systems that have implemented programs or projects that have achieved documented success in addressing specific safety or security program areas.
CATEGORY I: (Fewer than 4 million passenger trips annually)
- Gold Award for Safety: Birmingham- Jefferson County Transit Authority, Birmingham, AL
CATEGORY II: (More than 4 million and fewer than 20 million passenger trips annually)
- Gold Award for Safety: Greater Bridgeport Transit Authority, Bridgeport, CT
- Certificate of Merit for Safety: Kansas City Area Transportation Authority, Kansas City, MO
- GOLD Award for Security: Kansas City Area Transportation Authority, Kansas City, MO
- Certificate of Merit for Security: Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority, Dayton, OH and Southwest Ohio Transit Authority, Cincinnati, OH
CATEGORY III: (20 million or more passenger trips annually)
- GOLD Award for Safety: San Diego Metropolitan Transit System, San Diego, CA
- Certificate of Merit for Safety: Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, Cleveland, OH and Maryland Transit Administration, Baltimore, MD
- Certificate of Merit for Security: Chicago Transit Authority, Chicago, IL