The Bus Safety & Security Excellence Awards recognize APTA bus transportation and paratransit systems that have implemented programs or projects that have achieved documented success in addressing specific safety or security program areas.
2019 NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN.
Safety and Security Excellence Awards are presented in four categories. Three go to public systems based upon annual ridership measured in unlinked passenger trips. For paratransit initiatives and programs, select the appropriate category for system-wide ridership. A fourth category is open to private providers, either Transportation Management or Contracted Service providers, regardless of size. The categories are:
- Public transportation systems providing fewer than 4 million annual passenger trips
- Public transportation systems providing more than 4 million and less than 20 million annual passenger trips
- Public transportation systems providing more than 20 million annual passenger trips
- Private companies providing contracted transportation management and services to public transportation systems
- Brief tutorial of how to submit your nomination and attachments (ppt)
- Nomination Procedures & Instructions
- Successful nominations are those which address each of the evaluation criteria:
- Evaluation Criteria for Bus Safety Awards
- Evaluation Criteria for Bus Security Awards
- Nominees selected to receive the Gold Award will be asked to produce and submit a 1-2 minute video that briefly describes the safety or security initiative and the benefits derived. You can view examples by clicking on the “2013 Award Winners” link below.
Please note: You will need to sign in with your “MyAPTA” login to access the nomination form. If you have never used your “MyAPTA” account, or if you forgot your password, click here for instructions (opens in new window).
This is the link to the Awards entry page
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Director – Safety Brian Alberts at 202-496-4885 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Polly Hanson, Director – Security, Risk and Emergency Management at 202-496-4895 or by email email@example.com.
Are you looking for the Rail Safety & Security Excellence Awards program?