VICTOR VALLEY TRANSIT AUTHORITY
Company: Victor Valley Transit Authority
Job Title: Executive Director/CEO
Location: Southern California
Job Status: Full Time
The Victor Valley Transit Authority, an award-winning transit agency serving San Bernardino County’s High Desert in a desirable and affordable community is seeking a talented leader to be its next Executive Director.
- Applicants must have a stable work history, with a record of progressively responsible advancement in the transit industry and experience at the executive level at the agencies where they have worked.
- Technologically savvy; able to provide strong oversight regarding the implementation of transit productivity software and alternative fuel systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate a team of service professionals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully interface with various boards and regulatory agencies.
- A four-year degree from an accredited university or technical college in public administration or a related discipline is a plus, however a work history of progressively responsible experience will be accepted as equivalent.
- Active participation in state and regional transit associations for the benefit of transit as a whole.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and comparable applications is required.
- Understanding of, and familiarity with, transit applications such as RTA (Ron Turley Associates), TransTrack, TrAMS, ECHO, NTD, Syncromatics, Trapeze, Avail, BlackCat, etc.
An excellent compensation package DOQ will be provided. The agency is a member of the CalPERS system for its retirement program and for health coverage while employed by the agency.
How to Apply
Please submit the following by email to Transitpro@outlook.com with “Executive Director” in the subject line.
- A letter of interest specifically written for this position.
- Current Resume detailing the last ten years of work experience including salary history.
- Two (2) writing, presentation or report samples.
- Three (3) professional references including at least one (past or present) supervisor or co-worker.
TRANSIT INDUSTRY CONSULTANT
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SAFETY INT’L CORP.
Public Transportation Safety Int’l, World Leader in Exterior Safety Control Systems is Seeking a Consultant with a pure relationship with transit management. Substantial salary with bonuses. www.s1gard.com.
Contact Mark B. Barron, President, and CEO after 2 PM PST (213) 276-7600. Prefer telephone calls to emails. Thank you.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
SOUTH SHORE LINE (NICTD)
NICTD seeks qualified candidates to serve as Chief Operating Officer ($135K-$155K + generous benefits). For full position description and application instructions, go to: http://www.mysouthshoreline.com/about/job-opportunities. Apply early for best consideration. Questions: Contact Bjarne Henderson, Director of Human Resources & Labor Relations, at (219) 874-4221, ext 223, or email@example.com.
DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES & LABOR RELATIONS
SOUTH SHORE LINE (NICTD)
The South Shore Line (NICTD) seeks qualified candidates to serve as Director, Human Resources & Labor Relations. For full position descriptions and application instructions, go to: http://www.mysouthshoreline.com/about/job-opportunities. Questions: Bjarne Henderson, Director of Human Resources & Labor Relations, at (219) 874-4221, ext 223, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NICTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
RFP NO. RW-22004
EAST VALLEY FIXED ROUTE SERVICE
Valley Metro requests interested parties to submit Proposals for East Valley Fixed Route Service.
Project Overview: Valley Metro, is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit proposals from qualified firms to provide operations and maintenance of local, circulator, and express fixed route bus services that are currently operated by the Regional Public Transportation Authority (RPTA) in the Eastern and Southeastern areas of the Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
A Pre-Proposal Conference will be held on Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 9:00A.M. MST located at: Mesa Bus Operations and Maintenance (MBOM), 3320 N. Greenfield Rd., Mesa Arizona 85215.
Thursday, March 2, 2023 by 3:00 P.M. MST. Proposals received after the specified time will not be accepted.
The Request for Proposals (RFP) documents are available or will be available on or about Tuesday, November 22, 2022. Interested firms may download the RFP documents at Valley Metro’s E-Procurement Website: https://valleymetro.procureware.com/home. A login will be required to submit a response.
Questions regarding this solicitation may be submitted via Valley Metro’s E-Procurement Website, https://valleymetro.procureware.com/home by selecting the clarification tab. Questions will be answered through the E-Procurement Website and are due no less than seven (7) calendar days prior to the specified due date and time.
Valley Metro reserves the right to cancel this solicitation or reject any and all Proposals.
MILWAUKEE COUNTY TRANSIT SYSTEM
40’ LOW FLOOR DIESEL BUSES
Milwaukee Transport Services Inc (MTS) operator of the Milwaukee County Transit System is seeking Proposals for the manufacture and delivery of 40’ Low Floor Diesel Buses and all associated training, operating and maintenance materials and manuals in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in RFP MM-05-22. This will be a five-year fixed price contract; the first order will be placed in 2023.
The RFP, Contract Documents and Addendums can be obtained electronically on the Bonfire website at Diesel Bus Purchase (bonfirehub.com). The documents will be posted on Wednesday November 23, 2022. Proposers will be able print out the proposal documents and outline specifications from Bonfire.
As a vendor, you can register with the Bonfire at the following website: Diesel Bus Purchase (bonfirehub.com) and be sure that you see all available bids and opportunities. Bonfire will be used to issue any addenda or information relative to the RFP requirements.
Sealed proposals must be received via Bonfire on or before January 18, 2023 by 2:00 PM CDT.