Deadline for responses: August 1, 2019, 9:00 p.m. Eastern time. Download the RFP.
Pre-application webinar: June 27, 2019. View the webinar recording.
NCMM’s Community Mobility Design Challenge 2019 Planning Grants, with funding from the Federal Transit Administration, will support communities seeking innovative ways to address the particular mobility challenges experienced by low-income community members for whom a lack of transportation is an obstacle to the pursuit of economic, health, and social well being.
The goals of the NCMM Community Mobility Design Challenge 2019 are to:
- support communities in creating mobility solutions that improve access for low-income residents with regard to these three focus areas: economic opportunities, opportunities to improve health and well-being, and opportunities to become more integrated into their community
- Support the development of cross-sector partnerships that work together on transportation solutions for their community
- Prepare communities to apply for opportunities for funding the implementation of community transportation solutions, such as federal transit funding, as well as other types of federal, state and local funding for which the designed projects may be eligible.
To see past projects, check out the videos of the 2017 Health Care Design Challenge grantees under “Learn about the teams’ work.”
Deadline for responses: August 5, 2019, 9:00 pm Eastern time. Download the RFP.
The National Center for Mobility Management (NCMM), supported by the Federal Transit Administration, will soon announce its 2019 Health Care Transportation Access “Ready-to-Launch” opportunity. Funding through this grant will support communities in taking concrete steps toward implementing transportation solutions to address health care access.
The goals of the 2019 Health Care Transportation Access “Ready-to-Launch” opportunity are to
- To provide funding for a limited launch of an innovative transportation solution that provides the target population improved access to health care services
- To test the feasibility of the innovative transportation solution in real-world conditions in the marketplace, so the community-based team can learn where its solution needs to be further revised
- To assist community-based teams in preparing for a full-scale roll-out of their solutions
- To guide the team in gathering outcome data that can bolster its request for sustainable funding of the solution
If you missed the webinar, you can still view the NCMM pre-application webinar recording.