The APTA Nominating Committee has selected Nuria I. Fernandez, current APTA vice chair and general manager and chief executive officer of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, San Jose, CA, as chair of the APTA Board of Directors for 2019-2020.
Jeffrey A. Nelson, a former member of the APTA Executive Committee and general manager of the Rock Island County Metropolitan Mass Transit District (MetroLINK), Moline, IL, was nominated vice chair.
Freddie C. Fuller II, vice president, electronic payment systems, for Jacobs, will remain secretary-treasurer. This year’s chair, David M. Stackrow Sr., board treasurer of the Capital District Transportation Authority in Albany, NY, will serve as immediate past chair.
APTA members will vote on the 2019-2020 slate of officers Oct. 12 during APTA’s 2019 TRANSform Conference: a reimagined Annual Meeting in New York City.
The 2019 Nominating Committee nominated the officers, as well as members-at-large for both the APTA Executive Committee and the APTA Board of Directors, at a Sept. 5 meeting in Denver.
Nominated to three-year terms as members-at-large of the 25-member APTA Executive Committee are:
- Thomas Waldron, senior vice president, HDR, business member-at-large;
- Michele Wong Krause, secretary, Dallas Area Rapid Transit, transit board member-at-large; and
- Henry Li, general manager and CEO, Sacramento Regional Transit District, at-large.
The committee also approved the following individuals to fill portfolio seats on the Executive Committee:
- Richard J. Leary, CEO, Toronto Transit Commission, Canadian representative, and
- Raymond J. Melleady, executive vice president, USSC Group, Business Member Board of Governors representative.
Nominations for three-year terms on the APTA Board of Directors are:
Transit system directors:
- Dorval R. Carter Jr., president, Chicago Transit Authority;
- Kimberly Dunham, executive director, Greater New Haven (CT) Transit District;
- Inez Evans, president and CEO, IndyGo;
- Arezou Jolly, vice chair, JTA Board of Directors; and
- Bacarra Sanderson Mauldin, executive director, Birmingham (AL) Regional Paratransit Consortium dba ClasTran.
Business member directors:
- Natalie Cornell, director of business development, LTK Engineering Services;
- Jack Martinson, vice president/customer director, Alstom; and
- Jose Bustamante, vice president, T&I national business development, STV Incorporated.