Health and Safety:
The health and well-being of APTA’s members, attendees, speakers, and guests are of the utmost importance and we are constantly monitoring public health guidance from the CDC and the city of Philadelphia.
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health announced new COVID Response Levels which tie the City’s public COVID mandates to specific pandemic metrics. Philadelphia is currently at a COVID response level of All Clear: No vaccine requirement for places that serve food or drink. No mask requirement (except in schools, healthcare institutions, congregate settings, and on public transportation). APTA does highly encourage attendees to wear masks while inside the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.
We are implementing the following safety measures:
Proof of full vaccination or negative Covid-19 must be presented at registration to pick up your badge. This requirement applies to all guests as well.
- a CDC vaccination card
- a digital image of your CDC card
- an image of any official immunization record
- any passport type system that stores your vaccination record such as Clear or any other app
Verifying Proof of Vaccination or a Negative COVID-19 Test
APTA is partnering with CLEAR to verify vaccination status or a negative COVID-19 test. Below, please follow the instructions on downloading CLEAR Health Pass and starting the verification process.
Please contact Anitha Atkins for alternatives to CLEAR.
Verifying Health Information through CLEAR Health Pass
Step 1: Enroll in CLEAR:
1. Use this link to download the CLEAR app to get started.
- You can also tap “Get Started” on the white Health Pass tile and enter the code APTA2022
2. Tap “Enroll or verify in CLEAR” to create your CLEAR member account
- New to CLEAR? Enter your email address, phone number, and have your government-issued ID ready to complete enrollment
- Already a CLEAR member? Use the email address associated with your membership and snap a quick selfie to verify your identity
3. Please enroll in CLEAR before you arrive at the Legislative Conference for the simplest experience.
Step 2: Select your health screening path
1. Select “COVID-19 Vaccination” OR “COVID-19 Test”
2. If you select “COVID-19 Vaccination,” follow the prompts to securely confirm your proof of vaccination
- To add your one-time proof of vaccination, you can securely link to your vaccine provider, scan a SMART QR code or upload your CDC card. Check out this tutorial if you need help.
3. If you select “COVID-19 Test,” get tested within 72 hours prior to Wednesday, March 30. The earliest tests may be administered is Sunday, March 27.
- Follow the instructions to securely link your testing provider with CLEAR to upload your COVID-19 test results.
- COVID-19 test providers that integrate directly with the CLEAR app include Quest, Labcorp, BioReference, CVS or Vault Health. Check out the CLEAR app to see the full list of testing providers.
Step 3: Complete the following steps before you arrive at the event:
1. Open the CLEAR app and tap on “American Public Transportation Association 2022” in the white Health Pass tile.
2. Tap “Open Health Pass” to get your result. Green means you’re good to go! Be sure to have this result ready to show upon arrival at the event.
Having trouble with Health Pass? Reach out to the CLEAR team by tapping “get in tough” on the mobile app or call 1-855-CLEARME (253-2763).
With CLEAR, you are always in control of your information. American Public Transportation Association only receives confirmation that an attendee satisfied the requirements for access with the equivalent of a red or green result — and never has access to an individual’s private health data through CLEAR. For further information on how CLEAR protects user data see the member terms here.