APTA understands the importance for our members to experience and learn from public transportation entities abroad. It is our goal to offer opportunities overseas to increase awareness of best practices, new technologies, and lessons learned from other countries.
These APTA-conducted missions are designed for both private and public sector members where they travel to certain regions of the globe to focus on a particular subject relevant to the transit industry, such as fare collection, bus rapid transit, high-speed rail, and more. Suggestions are always welcome!
Please check regularly for information on the next APTA study mission, or contact Please check regularly for information on the next APTA study mission, or contact Petra Mollet at (202) 496-4852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New APTA Study Mission
- 2019 International Study Mission – Integrated Mobility: Being Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) Ready
June 2-8, 2019
Vienna, Hamburg, Helsinki
Past APTA Study Missions
- 2018 International Study Mission to Canada on Innovative Infrastructure Development and Implementation – Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver – 22-27 July 2018 – Final Report
- APTA 2017 Spring Study Mission – Safety Culture, State of Good Repair, Innovative Operations – Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo
- Spring 2015 Study Mission – Innovative Funding & Financing – London, Stockholm and Munich
- Fare Collections – Asia (2008)
Continuing a tradition of exploring and learning from public transportation systems around the globe, APTA conducted a study mission to Hong Kong, Seoul, Korea, and Tokyo, Japan in June 2008. Both public and private sector APTA members embarked on the ten-day trip focused on fare collection with an emphasis on electronic payment systems and innovations.