This award honors an APTA public transportation system member who has demonstrated innovative concepts or effective problem-solving techniques not previously applied in the public transportation industry.
Follow the instructions carefully as the 2023 application process has been improved and all submissions are done via the link below.
The nomination must include:
- Nominee must be an APTA member in good standing.
- Submissions must be fully completed by the deadline of Friday, July 7, 2023 at 12:00 noon Eastern. Incomplete applications may result in being discounted or rejected by the Awards Committee.
- A description of the innovative program or project.
- A summary of the results received and the positive effect on the organization.
- A description of its applicability to other systems.
- A description of how the innovation supports industry goals.
- Up to three additional pages in attachments (i.e., news articles, recommendations, etc.) are allowed for Individual and Innovation nominations.
Submitting Your Nomination
Important Information: If you are unable to input the data all at once, you may exit the survey and return to it later. To do so, click “SAVE AND CONTINUE SURVEY LATER” at the bottom of the page on the right. You will be prompted to enter your email address, and the survey tool will email you a link where you can continue filling out the form at a later time. The email will come from Alchemer. Please check your spam/junk folder, if you don’t see it in your inbox.
Click the link below to complete and submit the nomination form for the Innovation Award.
If you need to review the nomination form prior to completion, download this PDF version of the form for you reference only.
For questions or more information: