An Annual Awards Program Recognizing Excellence in the Public Transportation Industry
Called the “best of the best” of the public transportation industry, the APTA Award winners are outstanding role models of excellence, leadership, and innovation whose accomplishments have greatly advanced public transportation.
- All nominees must be APTA members in good standing.
- Each submission must be fully complete, must include facts and statistics in telling the story of your nominee’s achievements, and all nominations must include how the nominee demonstrates APTA core values of Leadership, Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Inclusiveness, Fairness, Equity, Teamwork, Professionalism and Accountability.
- If you are submitting in more than one category, separate applications must be submitted through the links below.
The on-line application process includes changes for for 2023 and we encourage you to follow the links and instructions below carefully.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, July 7, 2023 at 12 noon Eastern.
Please view the following categories for more information on criteria and how to submit a nomination.
- For INDIVIDUAL awards including:
- Outstanding Public Transportation Manager
- Outstanding Public Transportation Board Member
- Outstanding Public Transportation Business Member
- Distinguished Service Awards (State and Local)
- Hall of Fame
Learn more and submit nominations for the Individual awards
- For INNOVATION award for:
- APTA public transportation system members
Learn more and submit nominations for the Innovation awards
- For OUTSTANDING PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM ACHIEVEMENT in the categories of
- Providing 3 million or fewer annual passenger trips
- Providing more than 3 million but fewer than 15 million annual passenger trips
- Providing more than 15 million but fewer than 50 million annual passenger trips
- Providing 50 million or more annual passenger trips
Learn more and submit nominations for the Outstanding Public Transportation System Achievement awards
- For EXCELLENCE IN INCLUSIVE COLLABORATION award for:
- public transportation system agency member, disadvantaged business enterprise members and a private sector prime firm member
Learn more and submit nominations for the Excellence In Inclusive Collaboration award