APTA’s Standards Development Program has advanced nine documents to the public review and comment. The public commenting period is an essential component of APTA’s consensus-based standards development process. Specifically for this month, documents are ready to be reviewed by bus and rail executive-level administrators, operators, and transit security professionals. The current set of documents address the following topics:
Commuter, Intercity & HSR (PRESS)
- Attachment Strength of Interior Fittings for Passenger Railroad Equipment
- Gap and Creepage Distance
Security & Emergency Mgmt.
- Developing a Transit Agency Response Plan to a Public Health Emergency
- Developing a Pandemic Virus Service Restoration Checklist
- Security and Design Considerations for Restrooms at Public Transportation Passenger Facilities
- Trash/Recycling Container Placement at Public Transportation Passenger Facilities
Sustainability & Urban Design
- Transit Parking 101
- Partnerships to Promote Transit-Oriented Communities
- Design of On-Street Transit Stops and Access from Surrounding Areas
If you experience any difficulties submitting your feedback on APTA’s secured website, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current set of document reviews must be completed by March 5, 2021. Thank you for your continued support of APTA’s Standards Program.