The APTA Standards Program has advanced several documents for public review and comment. We are seeking feedback from all industry stakeholders to help shape the language found in the latest set of documents. The Public Comment period is an essential component of APTA’s consensus-based standards development process.
We invite all bus and rail executive-level administrators, operators, transit security professionals and others to provide their criticisms, comments or recommendations.
The current set of documents address the following topics:
Rail Transit Systems
- Rail Transit Track Allocation Program Requirement
- Managing Short- and Long-Term Changes Affecting Rail Operations
- Rail Operations Employee Development Practices
- Defensive Rail Operations
Security & Emergency Management
- Security Awareness Training for Transit Employees
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Transit Vehicles and Facilities During a Contagious Virus Pendemic
- Sensitive Security Information Policy
- Security and Emergency Management Aspects of Planned and Unplanned Special Event Service
Sustainability & Urban Design
- Using Asset Criticality to Make More Informed Decisions in a Transit Agency
If you experience any difficulties submitting your feedback on APTA’s secured website, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current set of document reviews must be completed by July 9, 2021. Thank you for your continued support of the Standards Program.