Passenger Car Tread Brake Shoe and Disc Brake Pad Periodic Inspection and Maintenance
This standard covers the basic procedures for the periodic inspection and maintenance of the tread brake shoes and disc brake pads of passenger cars, with
emphasis on the maintenance of safety appliances and other safety critical systems.
|Document Number||Version||Publication Date||Publication||Related Information|
|APTA PR-IM-S-009-98||Rev. 2||01/17/2020||Published||Current|
|APTA PR-IM-S-009-98||Rev. 1||02/13/2004||Published||Superseded|
- Develop and implement a hazard management program that supports decisions on setting and maintaining nominal gap requirements.
- Develop and implement visual and audible public awareness programs that communicate information about the railroad’s gap.
- Develop and implement a training component for on-board railroad personnel in regard to their role in maintaining passenger safety while traversing the gap.
- Implement inspection procedures to monitor station platform conditions.
- Verify that maintenance procedures for track and vehicles maintain the system’s nominal gap as required by the railroad.
- Develop and implement a training component for maintenance and construction personnel as necessary.
Want to participate in development of this document? Join a Working Group or Learn More