Currently there are dozens of commuter rail, rail transit and bus transit systems participating in APTA’s safety management audit programs. These systems include (FTA-regulated) mass transit/subway systems, light rail systems, automated guide-ways, streetcars, bus transit systems and (FRA-regulated) commuter rail systems across North America and Asia. Modal programs have been developed that are specific to urban rail, commuter rail, and bus safety management processes. The benefits to be derived from participation in the APTA Safety Management Program include:
- Adoption of safety management practices that have been established as an industry standard;
- Building and enhancing safety management processes for service delivery and workplace safety;
- Providing a tool for demonstrating transit system diligence for safety; and
- Providing a mechanism for continual improvement of system safety; and
- Implementation of Safety Management Systems (SMS).
One pagers for the APTA Safety Management Audit Programs:
Please contact Brian Alberts, Director of Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule at Safety Management Audit.