APTA continues to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus, and the association is providing information resources to public transportation organizations in North America.
Next Live Update with COVID Content
- September 9-10 Virtual Event, APTAtech Conference
Recovery Vendor List
- View and download the COVID-19 Recovery Vendor List for Public Transportation
Highlighted APTA Communications
- August 27 Bulletin > UTA Distributing Free Masks to University Students; 3 to 6 Foot Distancing; and Arkansas Bus Network Redesign
- August 28 Passenger Transport > Including latest coronavirus coverage
- Press Release > APTA, Industry Leaders Discuss Urgent and Dire Need for Additional COVID-19 Relief Funding
Answers from APTA
- APTA has established a dedicated email hotline where members can submit questions related to COVID-19. Questions will be shared with the appropriate APTA staff member for a direct response to you. Useful answers are on an FAQ page for benefit of all APTA members.
The virus is named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes is “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”). Symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. This virus was first detected in late 2019 in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, and this coronavirus has been identified all over the world, including in the United States and Canada.