APTA continues to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus, and the association is providing information resources to public transportation organizations in North America.
Next Live Event with COVID Content
- August 12-13, Mobility & Rail NOW!, An APTA Virtual Event
Recovery Vendor List
- View and download the COVID-19 Recovery Vendor List for Public Transportation
Highlighted APTA Communications
- August 3 Bulletin > Taxi Subsidies to Offset High-cost Paratransit; More-frequent Service Adjustments in Boston; and Automated Trip Announcements to Keep MD Riders Safer
- July 31 Passenger Transport > APTA and Industry Leaders Urge Congress to Provide Additional COVID-19 Relief Funding
- July 28 Press Release > APTA, Industry Leaders Discuss Urgent and Dire Need for Additional COVID-19 Relief Funding
- July 28 Leg Alert > Urge Members of Congress to Support At Least $32 Billion of Additional COVID-19 Emergency Funding for Public Transit
Answers from APTA
The virus is named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes is “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”). Symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. This virus was first detected in late 2019 in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, and this coronavirus has been identified all over the world, including in the United States and Canada.