The participant’s employer will sponsor their respective nominee upon their acceptance into the Emerging Leaders Program. The sponsoring organization must provide the time and resources for their participant to attend all required Emerging Leaders Program events and activities.
- The $5,000 Tuition Fee covers in-person and online sessions and materials, some meals, and registration fees for the APTA Rail Conference, TRANSform Conference, and Mobility Conference.
- APTA expects sponsors to fund the participant’s tuition fee and travel expenses. Depending on the arrangement between employers and nominee, participants may be required to assume additional related costs (e.g., some meals and incidental expenses) as an investment in their own professional development.
- In addition to tuition fees, other costs will include hotel lodging, some meals, and miscellaneous expenses.
- Logistical costs associated with required events include:
- Five-to-six hotel nights, two travel days, and three-and-a-half days for the June workshop, plus a few days at the Rail Conference.
- Three-to-five hotel nights, two travel days, and two-and-a-half days for the September workshop, plus a few days at the TRANSform Conference.
- Five-to-six hotel nights, two travel days, three-and-a-half days for the April workshop, and at least one day for the graduation ceremony at the Mobility Conference.
If you are selected to participate in the Emerging Leaders Program and change jobs during the course of the program year, your new employer must be an APTA member and must submit a letter of support for your continued participation in the program. You will be responsible for resolving the tuition fee payment between your new and former employers.