Leadership APTA participants are sponsored by their APTA member employers. The sponsoring organization provides the monetary resources and allows the time required for their candidates to participate in the related events and activities critical to their success in the Leadership APTA program.
The tuition fee for the Leadership APTA Class of 2023 is $7,500.
The tuition fee also includes:
- Workshop materials, some meals, and related expenses during the required Leadership APTA Workshop sessions (end of November/early December 2022, March 2023, June Capstone 2023, and October 2023 APTA TRANSform Conference & EXPO).
- Registration for the 2022 APTA TRANSform Conference, March 2023 APTA Legislative Conference, June 2023 Rail Conference, 2023 APTA TRANSform Conference & EXPO.
Sponsoring organizations are responsible for the following costs:
- The tuition fee.
- Travel costs to and from the Leadership APTA workshops, Legislative Conference, and APTA TRANSform Conferences.
- Hotel expenses, some meals, and related miscellaneous expenses.
Participating agencies and organizations should plan for participants to attend the following planned in-person program-related events:
- 2022 end November/early December Leadership APTA workshop
- March 2023 Legislative Conference and Leadership APTA workshops held in conjunction with the conference
- June 2023 Capstone session held in conjunction with the APTA Rail Conference
- Summer/early Fall virtual deliveries of their Capstone Projects
- 2023 APTA EXPO & TRANSform Conference
- We strongly encourage the Class of 2023 members to attend the 2022 APTA TRANSform Conference and related Leadership APTA sessions.
Special Note: in addition to the above planned in-person sessions and events, the program also will include a number of virtual sessions scheduled during course of the program.
The following is provided to help organizations plan for hotel and related costs associated with the Leadership APTA sessions and related events:
- End November/early December 2022 Session (Washington, DC): Three to four hotel nights, two travel days, for three planned in-person days.
- March 2023 Legislative Conference (Washington, DC): Four to five hotel nights, two travel days, and four planned in-person days for the conference and related Leadership APTA workshops.
- June 2023 Capstone Session ( Pittsburgh, PA): Three to four hotel nights, two travel days, for three planned in-person days in conjunction with APTA Rail Conference.
- 2022 APTA TRANSform Conference (Seattle, WA) / 2023 APTA TRANSform Conference & EXPO (Orlando, FL) : A minimum of two to three hotel nights and two travel days each conference. Full attendance at both TRANSform Conferences would involve a total of eight to ten hotel nights.