To graduate from the Leadership APTA Class of 2022 and receive a certificate of completion, each member of the class must actively contribute and participate in the following:
- December 2021: Planned in-person executive round tables and workshop sessions.
- March 2022: APTA Legislative Conference and planned related in-person class workshops and executive round tables.
- June 2022: Class of 2022 Capstone Session with planned in-person executive round-table sessions.
- Summer/August 2022: Planned virtual delivery of Capstone Projects to Leadership APTA Committee Members and guests.
- September 2022: Planned virtual delivery of Capstone Projects as APTA Webinar Series for Executive Leaders and APTA Members.
- October 2022: APTA TRANSform Conference in Seattle; planned workshops, graduation, and industry recognition; planned Capstone project presentations at committee meetings and conference sessions.
- Assigned Capstone projects with fellow team members, including the team leadership projects.
- Participation in planned virtual planning sessions and virtual executive offerings.
- Conference calls, virtual meetings, collaboration sites, and other web-based events.
- Highly Recommended: The program highly recommends attendance and full participation at the 2021 APTA TRANSform Conference & EXPO in Orlando, FL. During the conference, class members will participate in customized Leadership APTA workshop sessions, and class members will be encouraged to take full advantage of TRANSform sessions and the APTA EXPO.
- Additional Benefits: One of the goals of Leadership APTA is to develop future leaders of APTA. The Leadership APTA program requires that each sponsoring organization actively support at least one additional year of APTA involvement from its Leadership APTA participant immediately upon graduation through engagement on APTA committees, task forces, or special projects.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are selected to participate in the Leadership APTA program and change jobs during the program year, your new employer must be an APTA member and write a letter of support to APTA for your continued participation in the program. You will be responsible for resolving any questions between your new and former employer surrounding your program tuition payment.