To graduate from the Leadership APTA Class of 2023 and receive a certificate of completion, each member of the class must actively contribute and participate in the following:
- End November/Early December 2022: Planned three-day in-person executive round tables and workshop sessions.
- March 2023: APTA Legislative Conference and planned related in-person class workshops and executive round tables.
- June 2023: Class of 2023 Capstone Session with planned in-person executive round-table sessions.
- Summer/early September 2023: Planned virtual delivery of Capstone Projects to Leadership APTA Committee Members and guests.
- September 2023 Planned recordings of Capstone Projects to be hosted on APTAU Learning.
- October 2023: APTA TRANSform Conference & EXPO in Orlando; planned workshops, graduation, and industry recognition; planned Capstone project presentations at committee meetings and conference sessions.
- In addition:
- Development and completion of Capstone projects with fellow team members, including the team presentations and written executive summary.
- Participation in planned virtual planning sessions and executive offerings.
- Virtual calls and meetings, collaboration sites, and other virtual events.
- Highly Recommended: The program highly recommends attendance and full participation at the 2022 APTA TRANSform Conference in Seattle, WA. During the conference, class members will participate in customized Leadership APTA workshop sessions, and class members will be encouraged to take full advantage of TRANSform conference sessions.
- Additional Benefits: One of the goals of Leadership APTA is to develop future leaders of APTA. The Leadership APTA program requires that each sponsoring organization actively support at least one additional year of APTA involvement from its Leadership APTA participant immediately upon graduation through engagement on APTA committees, task forces, or special projects.
Important note: If you are selected to participate in the Leadership APTA program and you change jobs during the program year, your new employer must be an APTA member and complete a program commitment form provided by APTA for your continued participation in the program. You and your organization will be responsible to address any questions between your new and former employer surrounding your program tuition payment.